I find men to be attractive and not ashamed of it..

I find men to be attractive and not ashamed of it..

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wouldn't that make the HA look like a DUMBO?

second week of the new year, i was blessed with a weird fever. 

my hands and feet were freezing while my face was burning. within a few hours i felt my entire body burning and strangely i did not sweat.  
to make matters worse, all my suffering from 11pm to 4.30am was almost in jeopardy as the fever gradually subsided when the day almost dawned putting me in a difficult situation to get MC.

the doctor who checked my temperature delivered the dreaded news. i do not have a fever.

F*CK!! i should have requested for the the thermometer to be inserted in other cavity...

would that have made any significant difference? probably not! ..why????

well to begin with, the 'person' who diagnosed me was not a DOCTOR! he was a HA. i dont understand why in rural areas, people are not entitled to be examined by a proper important. somehow the sickness experienced by people in rural areas are less significant that the HA can treat, prescribe medicine and ultimately find a cure.

why am i in a rural area?? we'll talk abt it another time.

i asked him why im having this terrible headache cascading to my neck, back and all the way to the hips. he coulnt give me a clear answer. i asked him why i feel so tired and weak, he was almost clueless....
 
why do i fell nauseous? no response...

i asked him if the two 500mg Vitamin C that i took at 2 hours interval last night could have subsided the fever?? he replied vitamin C doesnt subside the fever. i wanted to ask him, what could have possibly subsided the fever as around 11pm my whole body was burning up...but i didnt ask him that questions as ive got too many blank stares already...

the only thing he managed to do successfully the whole time i was in his room was to write me a MC>>after i requested it. i dont know what his qualifications were but i really think that he should have been more helpful with my condition. 

the least he could have done is tell me: 'ill write u a prescription for your fever and heacache symptoms, and if this condition doesnt not get better in 24 hours, then we will do further tests to eliminate other possibilities'. if he had done that, i would have been convinced that he actually is concerned about the patients.

now, the thought that lingers in my mind is that of an unqualified person, writing prescriptions to a bunch of unfortunate people who cant afford any better medical care and stuck with his virtues of nothingness...

isnt that just sad?

of course at the back of my mind, ive had a few theories for my condition ranging from viral fever. migrane to dengue for which muscle aches, nausea, headache, back pains and burning up during the night and normal during the day can be associated with. on this fine day i just have to be content with the MC. the only celebratory thing the HA was able to prescribe me.

I cant help wondering if this is what people go through in govenment hospitals. in my case, if tonight i experience the same symptoms, i would go to a private clinic to get a second opinion. how about people who cant afford such a luxury..?

what if my case was indeed far more serious than a prescribed paracetamol and thymol and requires further tests which the HA overlooked and not even aware of??

Wouldn't that make the HA look like a DUMBO?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...