I find men to be attractive and not ashamed of it..

I find men to be attractive and not ashamed of it..

Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Thousand Steps Journey – Part 5

Out of the 3, I spent the most time with Kor…

We seem to share many of the same interests.

Hanging out at the pool at Hemingway (his hotel), I started to read Kor’s book “The Happiness Project”.

That book seemed like it was written specifically for me…the author one day was sitting in a bus on a rainy day when she noticed another woman juggling an umbrella, text messaging and pushing the stroller with her baby in it at it made her re-examine her life.

She asked herself if she was happy? If she is doing what makes her happy in live…since she was not completely happy what did she do to change that?

It was like a bolt of lightning..of course I didn’t have a stroller and the day was not raining but the questions she asked to herself were very realistic. What have we done in our lives for our own happiness?

Are we fulfilling other people’s expectations? You need to finish your studies by the time you are 23,
you need to get married by the time you are 30, you must have found your ideal career by the time you are 30…aren’t these the templates the society prepares for us…

How many of us are actually doing things at their own will…yes, it is true that sometimes we do not know what we want in life. So, probably it is okay to adhere to the template..then again are we doing it because it makes us happy or we are doing it because it makes everyone else happy..being Asian, chances are it is the latter.

I got more and more engrossed in the book while Kor was on his tanning mission..when I turned to Kor and said: This book has been specifically written with me in mind..

Kor just smiled and said, you can have it if you want…so Kor is that kind of person always being there for his friends and was not calculative..i was touched and impressed with Kor.

Sometimes if you do not know what you want in your life, it is perfectly good to know what you do not want instead, I know now that things like career and money, although being necessity and mandatory for the fast lives we live in, for me it turns out that it’s the people that add meaning to life.

People like Kor, German Guy and Rishi made the journey in Phuket more interesting and fun.
I realized while walking back to Backstage Inn on Saturday that I somehow felt loss that my friends in Pukhet have already left and is leaving soon…

It was strange especially when the reality is that I barely know these people. We were complete strangers who became acquainted and had a good time. Yet their absence seems to affect me.
There are still many things I do not know about myself but I do know now that,

I enjoy meeting new people and travelling.
I am capable to life in an environment without my family means and always will mean the world to me.

I know that I do not want to work until I am 50 and get too old to pursue my passions and travel to new places.

Definitely I know that if I don’t have a perky butt and fit body, I SHOULD NEVER WEAR A THONG!

Most importantly,

I definitely know that everything happens for a perfect reason and nothing happens coincidently.
Lastly, I know that I am going to be a little sad for a little while but that is okay.

That’s part of growing up and learning.

In the end, the 1000 steps journey, thank you for everything….till we meet again..







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...